The Tampa Theatre is
a 1926 "atmospheric" movie palace designed by John Eberson that currently
operates as a single screen, 1,446-seat art film house in downtown Tampa. The
theatre is programmed and operated by the Arts Council of Hillsborough County
and is also supported by the not-for-profit foundation, The Tampa Theatre, Inc.
Ownership is divided, with the City owning the auditorium of the theatre but
leasing the land on which it and the lobby rest from private landlords.
In 1999, Janis Barlow
and Rebecca Cann undertook a strategic planning process with the many
stakeholders of the Tampa Theatre in order to determine the organization's
future course of action with regard to organizational and management structure
and program expansion. A final Strategic Plan for the company included
recommendations for the development of additional screening rooms adjacent to
Visit the Tampa
Theatre's web site at:
◄Back to CLIENTS: